How does the Spark Activity Tracker work?
The Spark Activity Tracker uses a 3-axis accelerometer to measure your patterns of motion. This allows the tracker to determine your total steps, activity time and speed, which is then used to calculate distance and calories burned.
The data that your Spark tracks will wirelessly and automatically be synced to your SparkPeople account via the USB wireless SyncPoint when you are within 50 feet of your computer. No manual entry required!
Once your data has synced, you can view your progress, run reports and set goals online or on your mobile device.
Why should I purchase a Spark Activity Tracker?
We'll give you 5 good reasons!
- The Spark Motivates You to Get Active: Every time you look at your Spark throughout the day, it will remind you to move more and reach your daily goals
- The Spark Seamlessly Integrates with SparkPeople: This tracker was designed to fully integrate with your SparkPeople experience. Track all your fitness data right alongside all the other cool features that SparkPeople has to offer: a robust food tracker, fun challenges to keep you motivated, a vibrant support community, thousands of articles and videos—and so much more.
- The Spark Is Waterproof and Goof Proof: Set up is simple, even if you aren't technologically savvy. Plus, the Spark can handle a trip through the washing machine or dip in the pool.
- The Spark Is FUN! Win virtual trophies, set challenges with your friends, and by simply using your Spark, you are automatically entered into our monthly challenges to win real prizes!
- The Spark Offers a Lot for the Price: The Spark is one of the most inexpensive trackers on the market today, but you get a lot for that money considering everything at SparkPeople.com is free, that the battery life lasts a long time (plus you get an extra one!), that you won't ruin your device in the washing machine, that you're eligible for real prizes each month, and that it has just about all the same key features as other devices on the market.
What activities does the Spark track?
The Spark will track the following activities and automatically sync them to your online Fitness Tracker:
- Indoor Biking
- All-Day Activities like running up the stairs, walking through the grocery store and playing tag with your kids
Since the Spark can determine the different types of activities you are doing, it will display your time, distance, and calories burned based on your personal profile.
How does the Spark sync with my computer?
Just plug the provided USB wireless SyncPoint into your computer. Your data will automatically sync to your computer when you are within 50 feet of it. No cords or docks required!
Is the Spark compatible with my computer?
The Spark is compatible with PC and Mac computers, but does require the following:
- 1 GHz processor, 1 GB memory
- 50 MB free disk space
- Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Intel processor, 1 GB memory
- 50 MB free disk space
- Operating Systems: Mac OSX 10.6-10.8
How does the Spark sync with my SparkPeople account?
It's as easy as 1-2-3!
- Create or log into your free SparkPeople.com account
- Plug the provided USB wireless SyncPoint into your computer (leave it plugged in for quick connections)
- Your results will automatically be synced to your SparkPeople account when you are near your computer
Your data will automatically sync to your fitness tracker (no manual entry required), plus you will be able to run reports, set goals and participate in challenges through your SparkPeople account.
Where do I wear my Spark?
The Spark can be worn on your belt, pocket, sports bra or shoe. For the best accuracy, wear the device on your shoe.
Can I get the Spark wet?
Did you accidently run your Spark through the wash? Or drop it in the pool? No worries. The Spark is waterproof when properly closed. It's able to handle your toughest, muddiest, sweatiest workouts or a trip through the washing machine!
To ensure the Spark is water tight, user must ensure that the front and back pieces are properly locked after changing the battery, which only needs to be replaced once every 6-12 months.
Can I view my data on my mobile phone?
After wirelessly syncing to your computer, you can keep tabs on your progress throughout the day with our free iPhone and Android apps.
How long does the battery last?
The battery will last 6-12 months, depending on usage. Your Spark will arrive with a battery installed, as well as an extra one.
What styles are available?
The Spark is available in two styles:
Both styles also available on Amazon.com
Both styles are the same size and weight:
- Size: 1.2" W x 1.33" L x 0.50" H (about the size of a quarter)
- Weight: 0.4 oz. (less than a standard house key)
Are there any membership fees for the Spark?
There are no membership or subscription fees to use the Spark after your initial purchase of the device. The Spark is a one-time purchase and the data it records will automatically sync with your SparkPeople account (after setup). All the resources on SparkPeople.com are still free.
Where can I purchase the Spark?
What is SparkPeople.com?
SparkPeople.com is America's largest online weight-loss and fitness community. We offer free weight loss, nutrition, and fitness tracking tools as well as a positive community of people who are committed to reaching their goals and supporting one another along the way. We would love to help you reach your goals! Join for FREE now ›